Friday, March 11, 2011

Change of Plans

Tonight we were supposed to have Audrey's Aunt and Uncle over for dinner and after i had made the whole dinner they called and said that they couldn't come because of a problem they had at the house. I didn't get mad or upset. I invited my parents (even though i felt bad because i felt like they received a consolation prize) to dinner, and they came. We had a great dinner.  Great dinner and great bottle of wine.

Audrey went to her friends house for the weekend and Emma is going to my sisters house tomorrow night and i was feeling bad for abby because she never gets invited too often to places with her big sisters.

My mom mentioned maybe we could take abby to dinner tomorrow.  I, then, started to think about abby and what makes her happy.  It doesn't take much.... A game of Darts with daddy... a shopping trip ( she calls it mommy daughter day) to walmart for hair goodies... putt putt with grandpa.. whatever... easy to please. I started thinking about Abby and taking her to dinner at Applebees tomorrow for dinner.. the thing that would make her the most happy is getting the balloon at the end of dinner.

I started to think of what it must be like to "just want to get the balloon". how simple. how sweet. how innocent.  How great would the world be if we all just wanted to "get the Balloon" at the end of it all.  Behave.. be nice.. eat your dinner and you get the balloon. I am always yelling at the older girls for texting at the dinner table... for interrupting.... "it is my friend and I not me and my friend".... whatever things may annoy me at the time. Abby is not immune to this either.. i can get annoyed by her.. Maybe we should all have balloons to get at the end of the day.  Maybe life would be better.... maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Life would be better! You're a talented writer Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete